Sunday, January 10, 2010

New Year...New Decade...New You???

The fireworks have been fired and the horns have been blown shooing in yet another New Year, a new decade...But what will make this year, this decade different for you? What were your resolutions? Perhaps you wanted to lose weight, or stop smoking/drinking, be a better parent or maybe just be a better you. Here are 5 steps that might help...

Love:
LOVE GOD...LOVE YOURSELF!!!
everyone else is 2nd...you got it?!


Forgive:
You holding a grudge against someone is like cutting yourself and expecting someone else to bleed...the only person you are hurting is YOU! They have gone on happily living their lives and you are spiking your blood pressure every time you hear their name...GET A GRIP! No one should have that much power over you that isn't in the blessing and miracle business.
Matthew 5:44 "But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you."

No Worries:
Matthew 6:27 says: "Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life?"
Don't sweat the small stuff. We have a rule, my daughter and I, you can't worry about something you have no control over. The train is late...what can you do about that? Get up earlier and take an earlier train and it won't affect you. Too often we worry or get bent outta shape over things we can't control. She was talking about me...you can't control what someone else does or says. Git over it and move on!

Laugh:
take time to laugh...because when you get right down to it, Life isn't as serious as some make it out to be.
"What soap is to the body, laughter is to the soul..."

Pray:
Pray for guidance, direction and forgiveness.
Jeremiah 42:3 "Pray that the Lord your God will tell us where we should go and what we should do."

Each new year affords us the opportunity to recreate ourselves. How can we become the best that we can be?


New Year...New Decade...New You??? What will you do differently this year?

4 comments:

Angiejmckenzie said...

I wonder where the time has gone? I blinked and we were all worried about Y2K and the end of days. I blinked again and a decade has gone past. I have decided to give up blinking!! LOL!! I want the rest of my life to matter. it is not about making money-money comes and goes. Mostly it goes!! Our pastor talked about leaving behind a good name. I have to go down that road and find my purpose or it will all have been for nothing. Pray for me to find my path my sisters, I need to find myself, my good name my purpose.

ForMyKnittas said...

I hear you girl. Sometimes life gets away from us without us even knowing and the things that we thought we had a lifetime to do are still undone. There is an old saying that "Youth is wasted on the young"...Chile I am still looking for reset button because if I knew then what I know now...I would've done things a whole differently!
So keep your head up and know that we are gonna pray you up because none of us has arrived yet, we are all still searching...just don't overlook God in your searching. Not the God that you sit on a shelf, or keep tucked away in that glass case that says "Break in case of emergency"...I am talking about the one that you talk to everyday and say thank you to everyday. The one that you praise when you don't even have a reason to praise other than you woke up this morning, or that your family woke up this morning, or you still have a job in these tumultuous economic times...that's the God that I am speaking of. Just remember to take Him with you on your journey. OOOO that sounds like a whole nother blog!

angiejmckenzie said...

Amen to that! In one of my daily affirmation books it quotes Isaiah 43:19 The Lord says, "See I am doing a new thing! This pastor's wife was saying that God calls on unlikely people to do extraordinary things. I am waiting for God to call me! But may he has and I haven't been listening! Well I am listening Lord! After seeing the devistation in Haiti i feel guilty for questioning my blessings. i am thankful and I am grateful and I am blessed! My prayers go out to the brothers and sisters in Haiti!

Lori said...

I want to thank you for this blog. It gives us all something to work towards in 2010;not saying that we do not already practice these five stages to live by each and everyday; but sometimes you need a reminder.So this year I promise to love my self alittle more while I wait on the Lord to send me someone to share that love with. Forgive and let it go because it does me no good.Worries, no more God has my back!!! Laugh each and every day, it cleanses the soul. And never cease to pray!!

God is in the blessing business and lets not forget it!!!